Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fire in the hole!!!

We're back at the hotel, after an eventful day at Silver Dollar City. We started the day however, with a scare... we were all on our way to the lobby restaurant for breakfast. Joe and family headed down first, and we followed a few minutes later. AJ looked back and saw Eirik, and came running with his arms up, and gave him a big hug. It was so cute, we tried to get him to do it again so we could film it... but the second time, he knocked Eirik backwards, and right into the parking lot pavement, and we heard a loud CRACK! as Eirik's little head hit... he started crying immediately, as I imagine it hurt quite a bit. We were quite worried to begin with, but he calmed down after a bit, and ate some breakfast, and acted normal after that. We kept an eye on him, as we headed out to Silver Dollar City, and made sure to keep him awake. He seems just fine... so I'll go on with the story... :)


Saturday at SDC, and it was full of Fall Harvest Festival-goers. The sun came out and warmed us up, and that made for a beautiful fall day in Branson. There were harvest decorations everywhere, and Eirik decided he would count all the pumpkins... until he got distracted by something else. :) I grabbed the SLR camera to take some really great pictures, when I realized the memory card was lying back in the hotel room - so we made due with cell phone pictures today. We started the day on a boat ride through some tunnels where we shot lasers at targets. Then we rode the Silver Line Train. We took the kids to the kiddie rides, and had a ball... Joe, AJ, Eirik and I rode the teacups, and it was just the cutest thing to hear those boys laugh - the kind that sounds hysterical, where they giggle, then suck in air, then giggle again. We rode rides, ate fattening food, listened to music, and enjoyed the weather. Arnt and I even braved the Giant Swing ride, even though I kept my face covered the entire time!



Finally, it was time to leave, and after winding through the exit pathway that took us through store after store after store (nice sales technique) we made our way back to our car, on the tram.

Dinner time... ate at the Plantation Restaurant - 'ok' diner food, but hoping for something a little better tomorrow night. Maybe Dixie Stampede? :) We'll see what we're up for. Vacationing in Branson is one thing, but vacationing in Branson with 4 adults and two 2-year-olds, is another...

Back in the hotel, getting the kids to bed after their bath... I think we're all calling it a night here shortly. More fun tomorrow, so we need our rest. Just hope I'll be able to fall asleep... my brother is sawing some serious logs... ;P

Hugs, Aimee

1 comment:

Hilde said...

Huff, håper det går bra med Eirik:) Ikke godt å slå hodet...

Rene sagbruket der skjønner jeg;) hehe

Sjekk så flink Kristian har blitt om du har anledning:) Se bloggen:)