And Joey will be here!!! I can't wait!
Sorry, it's taken me a while to write, LONG TIME since last time. Been so busy with vacation, and new puppy, and singing, and I could try to make excuses all day! Been busy, that's all. But thought I'd put in a little update about what we've been up to lately.
The last two weeks in July, we took vacation in Northern Norway, at the Nilsen's summer house. Lots of lazy days laying in the sun, while AE and his dad worked on the house. Harley was a new member of the family then, so we spend lots of time getting to know him. Now he's of course a permanent fixture. :) Then it was home again, and back to work... We're taking our main vacation from when Joey gets here... when we would normally have been back in KC... But since I have this country artist singing contest, we decided to stay here this year, and instead, buy Joey a ticket here... not a bad way to spend your 25th birthday, right? :)
Been practicing singing a lot lately. Have been learning better breathing techniques, and trying to expand my range, etc. Feel a LOT more comfortable singing in front of people now. In fact, just this last saturday evening, I was asked to sing a few songs as a surprise at a 50th birthday party. Was that FUN! People were line dancing, clapping, and taking pictures. I felt like a mini-star! Very cool, and it went well, also, as far as singing goes. I was really happy with the way it turned out.
Tomorrow, I'm flying down to Bergen for a long weekend with a good friend of mine, another American girl who came to Norway about the same time as me. Going to try to finish my shopping for my outfit for the contest. I'll be singing next saturday, the 3rd of september, so WISH ME LUCK! We're all flying up next friday, and then we'll be taking the night train back to Trondheim the week after.
Well, better get back to work. I'll be posting photos here in a little bit. Hope everyone had a nice summer vacation! It's back to school for the kids here this week.
Lots of love from Norway...
Aimee
1 comment:
Hey, girl!
Been checking your blog frequently lately. I knew it would take some time before you could make any updates, but I make good use of all your links on this site...
TVI-TVI at Leknes! I'll c u guys there! I've gathered some party cattle from Bodø, and I intend to hurd them across Vestfjorden to make our 2 day country camp at Leknes. Looking forward to it a lot, and we're bringing our own acommodations in the shape of a Norwegian wigwam (lavvo)!
So we'll cover the indian segment too, I guess... Well it'll be nice to have our own party tent, with guitars to go with the camp fire...
Let me know how you intend to get there, my best bet is that the Bodø contingent will do the Moskenes ferry thing, although I can think of better things to do for 4 hours than being seasick. Depends on whether bringing the car is a priority or not... Will you take the express boat to Stamsund or go by airplane?
Well, I'll call you guys in not too long, have fun at Becky's (guessing that's where you're going for the weekend) and tell her and all other friends on your way hi from
Cowboy Sveinung.
Post a Comment