Sunday, March 20, 2005

Guess what?!?

We bought skis! Real, proper norwegian cross-country skis!

oh... not impressed huh? Figured we'd already have them? Well, most norwegians react the same way. Took me a while to get as excited as Arnt-Einar about skiing, and still wasn't there yet. But they had a big Easter sale on skis (since EVERYONE goes skiing during Easter week) and we bought them.

Now I can't wait! We're actually going to try them this evening, as soon as AE gets off work. But first, I'm going to meet a girlfriend, Evalina, and her step-son for a hot chocolate at Egon, a local restaurant that serves international (american) food.

Snakkes! (talk to ya later!)

Checking in again... it's now Sunday, and we've been skiing two days in a row. It's actually REALLY fun, and what a GREAT way to work out! Beats sweating in the boring gym for 2 hours. And since it's also in traditional norwegian fashion to take a "hvilepause" (reststop), we took with us hotdogs and hot chocolate, where we stopped half-way to rest and eat near a little lake which was completely frozen over. Now it's off to the couch where I'll relax and let my muscles heal. MAN, I'm sore!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Aimee!
How was your skiing experience?!?!?!
Can't wait to hear about it! Like your weblog a lot!! Great to read about your job-stuff! Lots going on, huh!! Did I tell you already Heather had a baby son, Owen?!

And do you remember Mirjam en Mariska, my friends? Both pregnant!! Mirjam is expecting her 2nd one on Sept. 15th which is actually 1 day before my duedate last year! And Mariska and Jan expecting their first on Nov. 6th!!
I am so excited for my pregnant friends!!

Love, P@

Aimee said...

I'm so happy for Mirjam and Mariska! Of course I remember them. Now it's my turn. ;)

Anonymous said...

I saw your message in Luuk's website! Thanks! It's always fun when people leave their messages there!! ;)

Love, Pat